Each program requires participants to take four to seven core topics. Students are tested on the core topics at the end of each program to qualify for certification. Each program also includes elective topics and/or workshops that may be offered on the basis of student need and instructor availability. Programs may be delivered at Ridge Meadows College or at workplace sites. Please call for more information regarding customized WorkSafe training for your workers, at your worksite.
- Fluency in English
- Must be 17 years of age
All courses except WHMIS are 7 hours and are held on Saturdays (8:30 – 4:00 pm). WHMIS courses are 4 hours and are held on Saturdays ( 9:00 -1:00 pm).
- Hazard Recognition and Control
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Training
- Occupational Health and Safety in Small Business
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- Supervisor Safety Management
- Preventing and Investigating Musculoskeletal Injury (MSI) (Sprains and Strains)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)